Saturday, May 10, 2008

A Good Man Or A Hard Man

Yeh I only have a few more tissue and vilene backgrounds left now...thing is I love how it takes layers of colour and is sturdy enough to bend as well.I really think I'll be making more things from it but will go for some bright colours in my next batch.My inherited sense of humour got to me again here with the Good man card above until I stopped myself that is.I made this for a visiting stamper Nola Muirdock.Her and I were in a chunky book swap last year.I had never met her in person but her and her hubby are currently in Darwin and Nola wanted to meet me.Like many of us paper crafters we can't meet another paper crafter without making them something if we have the time.....so hence the card above I made to give to her.
I so wanted to be a bit cheeky as I love hiding elements in pieces but I had no idea if Nola was conservative or anything like that.What I had wanted to do was put the words for "good" and "hard" onto a thin magnet or Velcro so they could be removed and their position changed LOL.Anyway I decided to just leave it the way it was so as to not offend her just in case.As it turns out she is a gorgeous person with a warm and funny manner about her and I doubt she would have minded at all.She laughed when I told her what I was going to do with the words and loves the card which I am glad for.The card was very hard to get a good image of as the gel medium,shaky hands and my flash were not complying with each other so Nola eventualy got the picture above for me.I've since replicated the card and did the magnet thing for my Father-in-laws birthday last week...and he loved it *grin*...still waiting to hear from Mun :o)

4 comments:

Danielle D said...

You're wicked! This is gorgeous. I can't get enough of painting vilene at the moment, it's one of my favourite craft finds.

Zeborah Loray said...

I may have to use that idea. LOL Love it!
Must suggest this to Legs. ;)

Night Owl Designs said...

LOLOL, very cheeky Annette!

Night Owl Designs said...

LOLOL, very cheeky Annette!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...