Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Faux Dichro Silver Pendants

What fun these were.I used some left over bits of iridescent film onto the pendant bevels and then filled them with Franklin Opals.Then I lightly sanded them.Here they are together.

and closer

the rectangle one closer
and the heart closer...gee they shimmer and change colour in the light.


Tonight I am putting my new Jen Crossley skills to the test and I will make a vintage inspired broach.Grant got me a huge bag of old chandelier glass bits months ago and another friend of Grant's let me buy a small bag of broken old jewellery parts for a $1 from his Mum's 2nd hand shop last year.I knew I wanted to make "things" with them but till I did the etched metal class with Jen I had no idea what.I don't think my drilling and soldering will improve if I don't keep trying so..try I will :o)
hugs
Annette In Oz

8 comments:

Gretz said...

oh my gosh these are gorgeous, where did u get the bevels?

Lauren T said...

Those are stunning! I could actually see myself wear one of those.

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

Hi Gretz
Thanks...the pendants I bought about four years ago and had meant to make something with them for ages but forgot.They have matching ear rings to make too.You can get them from EZCraft (the makers)website in America but not sure how much they charge for postage.They are here
http://ezcraft.com/scripts/prodList.asp?idcategory=37&curPage=2&sortField=description
Over the rainbow polymer clay sells the basic kit here
http://www.polymerclay.com.au/faux-dichro-kits-c-371.html but not the necklaces.Really though you don't need a kit as it is just sea glass,iridescent film and fabrics and a layer of Plaid Royal coat dimensional magic.The pendants I did I used Fantasy Film and Angelina film scraps and Opals
hugs
Annette In Oz

Autumn Labbe-Renault said...

Hey Annette,

These are gorgeous. I did a spate of faux dichro on tumbled glass maybe a year ago, very fun, easier than I thought, and pretty "wow" results. Great work!

Myléne Hillam said...

These are real purty!! Love the shimmer.

Viki Banaszak said...

Those are georgous!!! I bet they are spectacular in person.

Rockin Robin Caldwell said...

Annette...these are gorgeous!!! Where did you get the pendants from? I have so much FF and Angelina fibers laying around. I need to start using theme!!! Fantastic pieces BTW. Hisses, Rockin Robin

Unknown said...

absolutely gorgeous!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...