Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Steampunk Puffy Heart Necklac- "Burst With Love"

When I discovered the other lady who makes steam punk puffy hearts I had this one three quarters done on my desk with the keyhole, 3 small LED's and the propeller and cogs already soldered in place so it was a bit too late for me to change it much to make something like my Aviator Necklace below. I decided to just finish it as is by adding the twisted wires and tiny cogs at the top, some wings and a glass vial at the bottom. This is an etched copper heart attached to a brass base. As usual metal is hard to take accurate photos of. This shot is with the flash off and shows the warm pink it looks like IRL.


and this photo is with the flash on, which makes it look more orange coloured!


A bit closer


 View of the propeller...the propeller and the cogs have spacer beads between each one so all can move independently of the other parts.


 View of the keyhole



This is the tiny vial which has " burst with love" inside. I removed the bottom loop and attached the vial to the bottom of the heart by top loop.


I'm really liking the look of puffed metal. I have some other die shapes to try puffing  and hope to get to those soon.
hugs
Annette In Oz

5 comments:

Lucy said...

OMG, this is FABULOUS Annette!!!
You have done an amazing job creating this steampunk masterpiece, LOVE it!!!
Hugs Lucy

suziqu's thread works said...

Annette this is fantastic.
Love the etched copper and the wings look amazing!
Stunning work!
x Suzy

Esther said...

hi Annette!! Very impressive!! woooooooooooooooooooooow!! you rock's!

Esther said...

hi Annette!! very impressive work!! love it !! you rocks!!

Lauren T said...

This one looks fantastic, I love the little propeller.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...