Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Wisdom Of A By-gone Flower OR Heck That Is Pink

Well I know I like colour but I don't think I have ever created a piece with mainly pink as its colour LOL.The words have a pearl blue and pearl pink wash on them and so are hard to read in the photo but it says "Being a Woman is a terribly difficult task, since it consists principally in dealing with men".I'm experimenting some more with my Opals paper and this time instead of just ironing in bits of Fantasy Film into the Opals on the Vilene I used two 13cm lengths of the Fantasy Film and ironed them and Franklin Opals together to make a sheet of shimmery Fantasy Film Opals paper.I ran it thru the Cuttlebug in different directions and changed the embossing folder each time...the result was a gorgeous shimmery textured base that the camera does not catch.

The Vintage image was done using Lazertran water slide decal paper for Inkjet printers.It adhers wonderfully to the Opals paper.I used an Angelina fibre piece at the bottom that had been ironed while the fibres were sitting on an After midnight art stamp floral boarder stamp as it ties in with the shimmery background.To make this you lay Angelina fibres across a stamp sitting image side up on some baking parchment.Place more baking parchment on top and iron over the top with iron set on a hot dry setting.The Angelina fibres melt and press into the stamp.When cool peel the fibres up and the image of the stamp will be on the Angelina fibres.Lastly I added some fluffy and beaded ribbon trim,hand sewed on some beads to the trim all the way round and added "Le Fleur" page pebble.Here is the view from the top side

and from the bottom up

I only had today off so on my next day off on Tuesday I am going to play with the brand new Opals embossing enamel colour that came in the mail for me yesterday.It is called Abalone and it has a beeswax look but has irridscent effects(so it has blues, greens, reds andviolets in it), it is transparent and silky smooth according toNiamh and Sue.Think weddings,Christenings,Christmas and vinatge works

5 comments:

Jen Crossley said...

Wow this is an amazing piece I really love the colour and you know me Im a sepia girl
Just gorgeous
Jen

Night Owl Designs said...

Annette, this is fab! What a lot of work. Amazing.

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

Thanks Jen and Sephi
I thought it may have been over the top with all that pink.The Fantasy Film background makes it so rich with colour
hugs
Annette

Anonymous said...

This is an awesome piece, so much texture. I'm curious about the decal paper, I have some and really do not understand the directions. Could you please email me privately?

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

Hi Darlene
Thanks for visiting and having a look.I am not sure what you mean by decal paper so yep I shall try to e-mail you to nut it out
hugs
Annette

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...