Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Last Rays Of Christmas-Madonna and Child

The last days of 2008 are upon us.On Christmas day in the quiet of the evening,I drew the simple Madonna and Child ink drawing below.I have copied and printed it 40 times onto 300gms smooth water colour paper so I can colour them over the year to hopefully have them all done by late November, to send out for my Christmas cards for 2009 for my family.

Today as the last rays of Christmas shine from the tree and our hearts and the year draws to end, I made a start and used my new Caran D'Ache Neocolor ll watercolour crayons to colour the first one.These are much more creamier then my Crayola Portfolio series ones.The colour is intense when you add water to blend them in.Wet on wet seems to make the blending easier for me.I smudged a few bits but they can be easily fixed with further layers of colour.I'm sure by the time I get to the 40th one my use of these new crayons will be perfected allot more so forgive my first clumsy attempts.


HHHmmm my love of turquoise,purple and green is showing again!

7 comments:

Carol said...

Beautiful card, luscious colors. Can I join your family??? Looking forward to your future projects with these water color crayons.

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

Oh wow Carol...were you watching me type LOL...you were so fast but thanks...sure I'll add you in as "family"...better print another hey *grin*
hugs
Annette

Jen Crossley said...

How beautiful this is Annette,your amazing
Jen

Diane said...

Wow! What stunning Christmas cards these will make, Annette. You are already mastering the crayons! I'm still jealous about the 84 piece pack, grin! Diane

Michi Michaelson, Orange County, CA said...

What a special and wonderful Christmas card for your family . . . your Madonna and Child drawing individually colored for each of them . . . they will FLIP over this . . . I did!!!!!!

Rosemary said...

Annette, your drawing comes alive with your new crayons. You have a great feel for them.

Rosemary

Brenda said...

Hmm, I left a comment a couple of days ago - I guess it got lost in cyberspace somewhere. I love your madonna and talk about getting organised for Christmas, wow, you are my heroine. Love what you have done with the neocolors, it looks absolutely fantastic.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...