Saturday, August 15, 2009

Last etched Metal Pieces and Faux Tin Types

My last two pieces of metal are now etched and if you hadn't guessed....my 3D etched metal item will be a house!!.After doing Jen Crossley's etched metal class I knew I would love to do more etching but now I think I am addicted LOL.....thanks Jen and OMG what have you done :o).This house shape below came out the best so far with deeply etched parts.It has a tab part that I have bent back out of sight that will hold a wall on each side(my etched rectangle parts from before).


This is my etched roof below.It was rectangular shaped but I have bent it in the middle.

There are not many vintage things up here that I can buy.I have a few small vintage trinkets though that I have found on the old gold field at Grove Hill that I will use on my house.The China dolls arm on my roof was one such found item.I have attached it to the roof by drilling(YEHA and they were straight drilled holes this time) small holes and wrapping old rusted wire around the top and bottom.I've also attached a piece of Chandelier glass...I'll put a word under it as well.
Now a metal house with stamped people all over it scream to have had people reside in it to me so I have spent this arvo making faux tin type photos to use on my house as well.

After making these I thought I could have also done these by using Opals Zeehan and transferring the image as per my Opals Transfers tech,or acetone transfer to actual nickel/silver or or.......never mind these will do LOL

I'll show you some glimpses as I make my house but when it is finished and if it turns out OK I think I would like to give it away.If you like the look of this stay tuned OK
hugs
Annette In Oz

6 comments:

lisa_crofts said...

Annette the etching on your first piece is amazingly deep. I am really looking forward to seeing the end result and I will definitely be stalking your blog for an opportunity to win it.

artymarty said...

can't wait to see the final product. It's all gorgeous Annette

Debbi Baker said...

Wow Annette - you sure are on a metal roll!! Fascinating stuff - look forward to seeing how it turns out.

Sarah said...

I love the look of this so far. Can't wait to see the finished project!

Night Owl Designs said...

Annette! This looks so amazing. Oh and I'd love the go treasure hunting on a gold field!

Michi Michaelson, Orange County, CA said...

I LOVE your etched metal pieces, Annette!!!! They're GORGEOUS!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...