Monday, June 11, 2012

New CUFFS-dog cuff!!!

We had a smooth and cold trip to Adelaide and I am back home now without Grant.  The nights in Adelaide were bitterly cold for us tropical climate dwellers with the overnight temp down to 2 degrees. I was overjoyed to see my beautiful girls again but in the back of my mind was that I would be leaving Grant here for a year for him to work at Adelaide Zoo...while Tim and I stayed in Darwin. It was very hard leaving him at the airport and I only got on the plane. I'm already itching to find out his new roster at Adelaide zoo so I can get him a flight home when he has four days off. While he is away I am going to keep myself busy with lots of art.
A few weeks before I left my daughter Missy told me about a shop asking if anyone wanted to sell thier hand made items on commission. They make hand made vintage style clothing. I thought what the heck and sent them the link to here to see my jewellery. To my utter surprise they loved what I make and I have since sent them all the pieces I had that were yet to sell. I also made them several vintage style, ice resined, bottle cap necklaces. I only had one etched cuff so made some more cuffs before we left for Adelaide. This is the first one. Its etched nickel silver with black patina for solder on top to age it. The focal is a vintage hand painted dog, large ?china cabochon. Underneath that there is a brass filigree stamping that is also aged with black patina for solder








I loved the look of this one but its safely in the shop window now. I'll upload the other cuffs over the next few days.
My dear Mum arrives on Friday and will be here for 12 days so after she goes I shall immerse myself in arty goodness :o)
hugs
Annette In Oz xxx

5 comments:

Lauren T said...

The doggie looks so cute. Love the etching as always. Congrats on having your work for sale in a store. I hope it works out for you with your husband's new job.

lindacreates said...

Your cuff is gorgeous! Congratulations on the acceptance of your beautiful jewelry. I am not surprised. It has been so fun to watch you grow as a jewelry artist!

I am sad for you being apart from your dear husband, but a nice four day reunion sounds wonderful.

Chris Arlington said...

Dear Annette,
I've been perusing your blog posts as I haven't been on for awhile. You've been a busy creative girl ! Your jewellery will be a big hit I am sure. love your cuffs. You have such great imagination and talent.
Fab artwork !

Glenda said...

Congratulations Annette. Well done. Love the cuff

Night Owl Designs said...

Good luck Annette! I hope they sell like hotcakes :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...