Friday, April 11, 2014

Cyclone Ita Update...then bed

Its been raining heavy for a few hours now and wind has picked up as well but we are still being told by BOM cyclone Ita will be hitting Cooktown within an hour as a Cat 4 sytem (275km hour winds) and shall be around a Cat 1or 2 by time she blows over here...relief for me but I am so feeling for the folks higher north of me and hope everyone comes out the other side OK.. Here is 10pm BOM update image


So I am safe here and just about ready for bed. I think we shall loose power overnight but we have the generator fueled and ready to turn on just in case. The creeks will cut the road for a few days I reckon...oh dear enforced creative art time...how bad will that be LOL. Stay safe where ever you are in our crazy World and esp in Cooktown. I'll let you know how the night goes tomorrow...if I can still get internet of course
hugs
Annette In Oz

1 comment:

Winnie said...

Keeping good thoughts for you and all those effected.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...